Become ThingWorx Certified and Build Credibility in the IoT Marketplace
PTC’s role-based ThingWorx Certification Program offers certifications of expertise in the emergent world of IoT. Successful candidates earn peer recognition while showcasing the talent top employers are seeking. ThingWorx Certifications are providing trusted guidance to clients and employers alike and helping to building a proven, ThingWorx-ready workforce.
Top Candidate Benefits
- Differentiate your skills and prove you own highly sought after IoT competencies using the latest ThingWorx technology
- Establish relevant credibility with employers and customers in the ThingWorx solution marketplace
- Claim your badge and promote your expertise within the global ThingWorx peer community
Top Employer Benefits
- Validate your hiring practices with ThingWorx certified professionals
- Win customer confidence in the marketplace with your team of ThingWorx-certified professionals
- Speed time to productivity with a ThingWorx-certified team.
PTC Certification exams are available as online or onsite tests proctored by Kryterion. Onsite tests are delivered at a Kryterion Test Center with over 80 global locations to choose from.
We currently offer the ThingWorx Developer Associate Exam. The Professional Developer Exams are expected to launch this spring.
ThingWorx Certification Levels:
ThingWorx Certification Roles:
Exam Details: ThingWorx Developer Associate Exam
- Exam name: ThingWorx Developer Associate
- Exam Duration: 90 minutes
- Exam length: 60 questions
- Pass/Fail mark: 75% (subject to change)
Who Should Take this Exam?
This exam is intended for all ThingWorx users and partners who perform application development. It is a mandatory pre-requisite exam for all users in the following roles who plan to complete professional level certification:
- Application Developers
- Connectivity Developers
- Platform Developers
- System Engineers
The ThingWorx Developer Associate Certification exam validates a candidate’s ability to model a ThingWorx application using Thing Templates and Things. Candidates apply core ThingWorx Composer functionality to correctly respond to scenario based questions on how to create a user interface to view and edit entities in the application. Candidates must be able to secure a ThingWorx application and define the best connectivity technology, given a use case.
Important Notes for Online Proctored Exam Test Takers:
- You will need to schedule your exam at least 24 hours prior to the start of the exam.
- You will need a webcam – internal or external webcams are acceptable.
- Do NOT use two monitors.
- You must be alone in the room where you take the exam. The proctor will shut down the exam if other people are in the room with you.
- Preferred Browsers: Internet Explorer, Firefox or Safari.
Global Pricing for Certification Candidates
Exam pricing is currently set to USD only and handled via credit card on the global Webassessor portal. We offer pricing for academic students as part of our PTC IoT Academic program. Qualified students should reach out to their Academic program rep for local options.